Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Heavenly Mother question


I've been very tempted to write a letter to someone in the First Presidency or Quorum of the Twelve when we're going to get further light and knowledge about Heavenly Mother. But I know such a letter will probably be sent back to my stake president. Well, as I was working in the clerk's office (I'm EQ secretary in my ward), my stake president popped in. So I asked him. He said he didn't know. I smiled. "I know, but I'm following the chain of authority."

He said we know about Her, we sing about Her. He said She isn't mentioned anywhere in the scriptures, and there's a reason for that, but we don't know what it is. He said he thinks when the world becomes a better place, when more people are righteous and ready to hear, then maybe we'll get that knowledge, but we'll all know for sure on the other side of the veil. He made a joke about it being above his paygrade. I asked him, "Next time you speak to someone above your paygrade, will you ask him?" He said he would, if he remembered.

So there it is. I'm going to follow up with my stake president in a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment