Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I Personally Believe in God, Exhibit B

Jacob blessing his 12 sons.
One of the blessings of membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Priesthood, and one of my privileges is to be able to hold that Priesthood. It allows me to give blessings to others, and it's probably something I don't do often enough.

I've had different experiences at different times, but I've always had one stand out in my mind. My sister-in-law Mariah was having a hard time and her husband wasn't available, and so I was able to give it. I put my hands on her head and reached out with my mind in prayer what to say. I don't remember anything I said but I remember feeling the power of the Spirit in my arms. Just my arms. It was a sensation I don't think I've felt before or since. It felt like the Spirit was flowing in my veins. As to what came to mind, I also felt a great spirit coming from Mariah, and I received my own confirmation on what a special person she is and how much Heavenly Father loves her. I could just feel the outpouring of love from heaven to her.

It's one of those moments I can always return to when it comes to feeling God's love and knowing He is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment